Sweepstakes Official Rules
Citizens State Bank “Crack the Vault” Sweepstakes
NO PURCHASE OR REQUIREMENT TO HAVE, OPEN OR MAINTAIN AN ACCOUNT WITH THE SPONSOR IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN THIS SWEEPSTAKES.
MAKING A PURCHASE OR HAVING OR OPENING AN ACCOUNT WITH THE SPONSOR WILL NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
THE CRACK THE VAULT SWEEPSTAKES (“SWEEPSTAKES”) BEGINS AT 8:30 AM CENTRAL TIME (“CT”) ON OCTOBER 9, 2018, and ENDS ON OCTOBER 23, 2018 AT 5:30 PM CT.
1. Eligibility: Participation is open only to individual, legal residents of the state of Nebraska who have reached the age of majority as of the date of entry (“Entrant”). Subject to all applicable federal and state and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited or restricted by law. Employees and their immediate families (parents, children, spouse, siblings) regardless of where they live, of Citizens State Bank (“Sponsor”) and its related subsidiary and affiliated companies, officers, directors, agents, and representatives (collectively “Releasees”) and individuals living in the same households of the above, whether or not related, are not eligible to enter or receive a Prize. Each Entrant, by participating in this Promotion, agrees to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor. The Promotion is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations.
2. How To Enter: There are three (3) ways to enter the Promotion: Method #1: Sponsor has conducted direct mailings to nine thousand nine hundred fifty-eight (9,958) households based on, it its sole discretion, a determination of postal customers within a two (2) mile radius of Sponsor’s Papillion location, 754 Gold Coast Drive Suite #101, Papillion, NE 68046. Each mailing will include a unique, randomly determined “Crack the Vault” code. Direct mail recipients must bring their direct mailing postcard and “Crack the Vault” code to the Sponsor’s Papillion location at any time over the fourteen (14) day period, beginning on October 9, 2018 and continuing until October 23, 2018, to see if their code will “Crack the Vault” to win the Grand Prize of $5,000. Method #2: Two-hundred fifty (250) additional postcards, each with unique, randomly determined “Crack the Vault” codes, will also be available at the Sponsor’s Papillion location for distribution to entrants whose household who did not receive a “Crack the Vault” code but wish to participate in the promotion. Entrants may appear at the bank in person or may call in to the bank to request one (1) of the additional “Crack the Vault” postcards. Method #3: All non-winning “Crack the Vault” postcards submitted through Method 1 and Method 2 above will be entered into a drawing for a chance to win one (1) of two (2) five hundred dollar ($500) cash prizes. The five hundred dollar ($500) cash prize winners will be selected in a drawing to be conducted on October 24, 2018.
FOR ENTRY METHODS 1 AND 2, REGARDLESS OF ENTRY METHOD, THERE IS A LIMIT OF ONE  ENTRY SUBMITTED PER HOUSEHOLD. Any attempt to exceed this limit WILL automatically disqualify any and all entries from that entrant. Entry materials or “Crack the Vault” codes that have been tampered with or altered will be disqualified. Sponsor is not responsible for late, lost, stolen, damaged, garbled, incomplete, illegible or misdirected postcards or “Crack the Vault” codes. Sponsor will not assume responsibility for any third party’s failure to act in accordance with its instructions pertaining to Sweepstakes implementation. No mechanical reproductions of entries will be accepted. All entries become Sponsor’s property and will not be returned or acknowledged.
3. Winner Selection and Winner Responsibilities: The “Crack the Vault” Grand Prize, may be awarded to an alternate Winner (selected in a random drawing from among all remaining eligible entries) if the winning “Crack the Vault” code is not presented or submitted. Any prize may be awarded to an alternate Winner (selected in a random drawing from among all remaining eligible entries) if the winning Entrant or Beneficiary associated with such winning entry is not compliant with the Official Rules, if the Prize notification letter is returned as undeliverable or if three good faith attempts to contact the Winner live by telephone are unsuccessful (no messages will be left). No more than the stated number of Prizes will be awarded. Entry Method #3 random drawings, including a random drawing for the Grand Prize if the winning “Crack the Vault” code is not presented or submitted, will be conducted on or about October 24, 2018 from all eligible entries received. Drawings will be conducted by an independent judging organization or individual whose decisions are final and binding in all respects. Non-cash prizes are not redeemable for cash, exchange or transfer, except at Sponsor’s sole discretion, who reserves the right to substitute prize (or portion of prize) with one of similar or greater value if a prize (or portion of prize) is unavailable. Prize awarded within approximately 30 days of winner verification, except in cases of delay of availability; Sponsor is not responsible for such delays. If a prize is not picked up at Sponsor’s designated location within 30 days of required date, the prize is considered forfeited and an alternate winner will be selected at random. Winners must provide valid identification. Winners are solely responsible for all taxes on prizes and other expenses not specifically set forth herein, and all other unspecified costs associated with claiming and/or using the prize. Winner will be required to furnish his/her Social Security number to Sponsor or Sponsor’s agent for tax reporting purposes. An IRS form 1099 will be filed in the name of the winner for the retail value of the prize.
4. Odds: The initial odds of winning are 1:10,208. Actual odds of winning will vary depending upon the total number of eligible entries received through all available entry methods.
5. Prizes: $5,000 Grand Prize; Two $500 drawing prizes.
6. Winner Notification: Potential winners will be notified via telephone, email and/or overnight mail within one (1) business day after random drawings. Three attempts will be made to contact potential winners within a seven (7) day period. If a potential winner fails to respond within seven (7) days, or if email attempts are returned as undeliverable, that potential winner will be disqualified and an alternate winner will be selected. In order to receive their prize, potential winners will be required to complete an Affidavit of Eligibility and Release of Liability and may be required to sign other legal documents relating to the Promotion, including but not limited to adherence to these Official Rules for the Promotion and/or publicity releases which must be signed and returned within seven (7) days of date printed on notification or the corresponding potential winner will be disqualified and an alternate winner will be determined in a separate random drawing. The potential Winners are subject to eligibility verification by the Sponsor. An Entrant is not a Winner. The Sponsor, at its sole discretion, reserves the right to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process, does not comply with the Official Rules, or if the Sponsor suspects fraud or abuse. The Sponsor also reserves the right to modify or suspend the Promotion at any time, for any reason.
7. Release: Each Entrant agrees by entering and each potential Winner agrees by accepting a Prize, except where prohibited by law, to release and discharge, hold harmless and indemnify the Sponsor its officers, directors, managers, employees and agents and all others associated with the development and execution of this Promotion (collectively, the “Releasees”), from any and all tax liability that may be imposed or associated with receipt or use of the Prize, and from and against any and all claims, actions, proceedings, and liability for any damages, expenses, fees, injury, or losses sustained in connection with the Promotion or acceptance, possession, use, misuse or nonuse of the Prize.
8. Publicity: Except where prohibited by law, each Entrant by entering the Promotion, and each potential Winner agrees by accepting a Prize, to grant the Sponsor and its designees the right to publicize the Entrant’s and potential Winner’s first and last name, photograph, image, likeness, voice, statements, and certain biographical information in all manner and media, worldwide and in perpetuity, for advertising, marketing, trade and promotion purposes, worldwide and in perpetuity, in any and all forms of media, now known or hereafter devised (including, without limitation, the Internet), without additional compensation, and without opportunity for review.
9. Limitations of Liability: Releasees are not responsible for technical, computer, mechanical, printing, typographical, human or other errors relating to, or in connection with the Promotion, including, without limitation, errors which may occur in connection with the administration of the Promotion, the processing of entries, the announcement of the Prizes or in any Promotion related materials; or for stolen, lost, late, misdirected, damaged, incomplete, inaccurate, undelivered, delayed or illegible entries or postage due entries or mail; or for electronic, computer, or telephonic malfunction or error, fail to enter into the processing system, or are processed, reported, or transmitted late or incorrectly, or are lost for any reason, including computer, telephone, paper transfer, or human or other error. If, in the Sponsor’s opinion, there is any suspected or actual evidence of electronic or non-electronic tampering with any portion of the Promotion, the Sponsor, at its sole discretion, reserves the right to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process, and/or void any entries submitted fraudulently, to modify or suspend the Promotion, or to terminate the Promotion and award the Prize using all eligible, non-suspect transactions received as of the termination date. This Promotion and these Official Rules shall be interpreted in accordance with the laws of the State of Nebraska, without regard to its principles of conflicts of law and jurisdiction, and venue shall be solely within the State of Nebraska.
10. Entrant’s Personal Information: Information collected from Entrants will be maintained by the Sponsor and its representatives in accordance with applicable federal and state consumer privacy laws, rules, and regulations. Sponsor will not use or disclose any of Entrant’s Personal Information for any purpose other than marketing by Sponsor or its affiliates. To learn more about the ways Sponsor may use and share your information and about your privacy choices, read the Sponsor’s Privacy Statement at https://www.citstatebank.com/privacy-and-security/.
11. Winners’ Names: For a list of Winners’ names (available on or about November 15, 2018), send your request and a separate self-addressed, stamped envelope, to: Citizens State Bank, Attn: Crack the Vault Promotion, 921 Avenue E, PO Box 490, Wisner, NE 68791.
12. Sponsor: Citizens State Bank, 921 Avenue E, PO Box 490, Wisner, NE 68791.